Thursday, October 30, 2014

I'm Mr. Kamote, and I'm a frustrated sneaker designer.


A Rough Sketch of the Nike Cortez

I'm Mr. Kamote, and I'm a frustrated sneaker designer.

This was a sketch done a while back when I was teaching manual rendering and freehand drawing to future Industrial Designers at the De La Salle College of St. Benilde. I had a blast teaching young, driven, enthusiastic sponges with what I have learned as a student and experienced as a professional. I hope I could teach again someday. My students miss me. Aww.

This was the time when I was sneaker lusting for the Cortez. I couldn't find a decent pair anymore, anywhere in the Philippines, until my wife and I went to Rockwell Powerplant Mall. My wife was in the salon and I had nothing else to do. I wasn't really expecting anything from PROLINE sports store, it was more of a golf store than a sneaker store, although it has some new ones like Roshe Runs and Pegasus. So I happily went in.

Do you remember that moment when Jake Shuttlesworth came into the store to buy a fresh pair of Jordan XIs? That look on his face! I was like, sh*t, I'm never letting you go. You are mine. Best thing about it, it was on sale at Php 1,700+!!! So I ran back to my wife, politely asked for her permission (yes, you need to do that when you're married), and that sweet sound of "GO!" was just music to my ears.

Tried it. Bought it. Happy Kamote!


If it's meant for you, it will present itself to you. Just be ready to have cash.


Mr. Kamote
Less Talk. More Juants.


No comments:

Post a Comment