Monday, November 10, 2014

adidas Tubular


adidas Tubular

Quoting SneakerFreaker, it is truly a "Minimalist Masterpiece", a definite JUANT. No doubt!

What I like about the overall concept is the modernness of it. It might not be a classic silhouette that I usually look for but in an Industrial Designer's point of view, the design is awesome! Yeah, it might be patterned from the Y-3 Qasa, so what?!

I also have a few dislikes about the Tubular - the leather parts at the upper and heel counter. From a far, I'm sorry to say this but it looks off. If only they had done it like the toe box design print, this would have been more awesome! Also, I think the tongue is a little too high. Don't get mad at me, this is just what I think, ok? Who am I to judge anyway. I still love the Tubular!

The Tubular is coming real soon and will be made available worldwide! According to theshoegame.com, it's gonna be sold at $110. I need to see it up close before I make a purchase. I'm still in love with my SL Loop anyway.

Check out SneakerFreaker's interview with the man behind the adidas Tubular, Nic Galway here. He's my new design hero, by the way.


Mr. Kamote
Less Talk. More Juants.


Photo Credit: SneakerFreaker


No comments:

Post a Comment